Remember back in the days...

DIARY OF A K-POP LOVER

[I'm still one, but my diary was incorporated into my Tumblr. Check the links. :)]

Enough said.

My header explains everything: i love every single breathing being in those pictures.
But my heart is mostly green: i'm a TripleS to the core.

I officially don't roleplay anymore, but you can check the links if you wanna take a look at my work.

This is all. Take whatever comes. And you can never be sure of what that is.
Love Ya, Menu ah

[credits to Reichenbach @Deviantart for the background
Even though it doesn't fit perfectly, i love it too much to replace it.]

My favorite word is SS501. It's the biggest stronghold of my life.


20101125

Don't judge a Kwon by his cover

Starting from my post about Dara i began to think i should mention other idols except SS501 in this blog.
Last night i was watching We Got Married and i felt the urge to write about Jokwon.
I won't pretend that 2AM is in my kpop top5. There's a crowd of more devoted I AMs out there, who treat 2AM with the same care i reserve for SS501. Yet i've unconsciously come to appreciate and get attached to all the members for different reasons, therefore i call myself a I AM.
Nevertheless, despite Jinwoon is my first bias in this group, i nurse a special respect for Jokwon.
To those who don't know him properly, he's only the Diva. I know Key's supposed to be the Diva, too. But the first time i heard this nickname, it was actually related to Jokwon, therefore there's no other Diva after him to me.
He's a character who may get on your nerves at first sight. 
It's not my case because i'm actually attracted to randomness, especially that kind that makes ordinary people walk away in astonishment.
But if you're patient enough to scrape off that first layer of incomprehensibility, you find a very down-to-earth, hard-working, humble, cute, strong, conscious kid, who never stops surprising you, constantly being different from the person you think he is. He teases you even in the process of knowing him.
There have been very few people in kpop who managed to make me smile before i had the time to realise i was smiling. I mean, all the idols and korean celebrities i love, they made it to my heart because they're happy-go-lucky people. Someone more, someone less. But when the chips are down, only SS501, GD and FTI do the trick.
And now the more i watch WGM, the more i realise Jokwon has this power too.
He reminds me of Kyu, despite the idea probably shocks you. 
Every idol faces hardships as a trainee, but some strikes out. That's why Kyu and Jokwon are alike from some points of view.
Jokwon was a trainee for 8 years, he's not the typical drop-dead gorgeous boy who normally enters kpop (clarification: i think Kyu is drop-dead gorgeous and sort of chemically unwillingly sexy, but i admit he was a bit overshadowed in the early days.) But back to Jokwon...His uncontrollable tears after winning their first chart is one of the most touching moments i witnessed since i discovered kpop; he's a great leader, despite his joking personality may let people neglect or doubt this; he's innocent but mature at the same time; he has an impressive talent, he's never made mistakes on air and i remembered when he was recording We Fell In Love and Jea was upset because he never got a note wrong, independently of the detail that was the first time he sang that song.
Jokwon is like a safe: rough and unimportant outside, but full of gold once you open it. Like Mary Poppins' bag, you can never be sure of what is coming out.
I'm glad i digged out more about him because he's really worthy and certainly the best happy mood source.
You must have caught me tweeting about his 'Happy birthday yeah yeah yeee' at least once. I still laugh until losing strength when i remember that grimace he made while singing, halfway between a sneeze and an evil spirit crawling into his body. Yet he was singing to GaIn and it was just the fact he was being nonsense that probably made me feel he was singing with all his heart.


2AM is a bunch of well-assorted, talented idiots. They're all so different, yet so alike to make you think they just had to come together or they wouldn't fit in any other group.
They complete each other and drift apart at the same time.
Seulong and Jinwoo's dorkiness (especially when mixed) is uncomparable, just like Changmin's talent and responsibility may make you think he deserves to be the leader more than Jokwon (well, maybe not the pic i posted..XD) 
But trust me, if you don't know 2AM that well: there's much more than what meets the eye when you look at Jokwon. So much more that i probably don't know myself yet and that i couldn't let you understand with a blog entry anyway.
Jokwon is just another little treasure kpop unveiled to me. And one of those treasures i'm thankful for the most.

*The title has a hidden meaning: Kwon means book in korean. Yeah, i know. I'm awesome. \o/ LOL Jk..*

Nessun commento: